Monday, June 14, 2010

Régina, Saskatchewan




Régina
Long: 50 degrees 26

'NorthLat: 104 degrees 37

'WestPopulation: 199.000

Population Density: 462.4 inhabitants per square kilometer.

Landforms: Northern Saskatchewan: is the forest, marshes, lakes, riversand the southeastern region is mainly grassland with some hills and valleys

Climate: Winter is about -8 degrees C to -19 C degrees. In the summer it is about 10 degrees C to 43 C degrees.

Ecozone: The Prairie Ecozone.

National Park: Victoria Park, Prince Albert Park, Grass Lands Menissawok Natinal Park and National Park.

Primary Industries Co-op Heavy Oil upgraders, Kalium Chemicals (potash mining), Bayer CropScience (agricultural chemicals), Degelman Industries (Agricultural Implements Manufacturing), Brandt Industries (industrial and farm equipment manufacturing), Viterra (Grain Handling) and ADP.

Day 1


Today, was a good day. I woke up to birds singing. The sun was bright and I thought it would be a great start for my morning! It had rained last night, but it was warm now. During my research I came across a website. If you download the program it gave you a hourly update of the weather in Régina, so if we were out and didn't have the T.V. on we could just use my laptop. June is said to be the wettest month of all. THe average it rains in June is 75 millimetres of precipitation. It will probably be hot today since it rained last night. My mom said to wear alot of sunscreen just incase the sun was to hot. back in St.Kitts on hot days you feel the sun really hot on your skin and my mom says its probably no different here.

Like our last stop we had beakfast in the hotel. I was so full, me and my brothers ate a lot of fruit and we had muffins and other filling items. While we were eating my mother was reading the news paper and she came across a site she thought we might be interested in. It was the Government house. I decided to google it to see what people had to say about the place before we went. It read 'Now open to visitors, this was once home to lieutenant-governors of Canada's Northwest Territories.' It was a free tour of the whole house. It was located on 4607 Dewdney Ave Regina, Saskatchewan S4P 3V7 Canada. A lot of people had left their reviews on the website, so I took a second to scan through a couple of them. Everybody had great thing to sasy about the place. they said it was fun and interesting, different then a lot of places. So we decided to go. I told my mom it woudn't hurt to go for a little while then do something else. It was really interesting. We got to go into each of the rooms, and see paintings and really old things. The guides even told us about ghost stories that gave me the chillss.....
But it was a great experience. We goto take a lot of oictures of the house and also with the guides who were dressed up according to the time.I even caught a glimpse of the Lieutenant Governor entering his offices. Every staff person I met from the cleaners to the Commissioniare were fantastic! They provided my family with a lot of extra tid bits that were not included on the tour. The gift shop was a refreshing place, unlike other museum gift shops. The clerk was very helpful and knowledgable about every item in the shop. There was a lot of Canadian made items as well as knick nacks and tea sets. I was impressed with the uniqueness of items they carried. Everything from $1.00 postcards to $500 origami art work. The only things that were lacking are a place to have a drink, and more victorian tea times. They are only once a month and you have to make reservations. We were really dissappointed to miss out on it.





After we left my mother as ready to go to our new stop. My brother remembered that his friend had previously visited Régina and told him that there was a sports hall of fame there. The sports hall of fame is a passion for sports runs deep in Canada, and Saskatchewan is no exception. This upbeat museum offers a diverse collection of memorabilia from a variety of sporting pursuits and teams, as well as profiles of athletes who have been inducted into the province's Hall of Fame. Football, hockey, alpine skiing, speed skating, curling, boxing and fencing are just a few of the sports represented here. Free admission. There was to much to see. there were alot of sports and athlets. My brother new alot of them and their names but i didn't because i don't really watch alot of sports.




We spent almost the rest of the entire day there and we were starting to get hungry so we went to a grocery store because my parents weren't in the mood of eating a at resturant they said that there would be plenty of other days we could go to resturantson our trip. We went to 'Eat healthy foods' grocery store. It was a fair trade foods store and they recylce 99 % of thier waste!!! We bought alot of fruits and vegies. We got cheeses and bread to and ate it and then fell asleep.

Day 2
Wow day 2 already, i was really tiered and i didn't no what we wanted to do. So my dad thought that we could go golfing. My mum was kind of against it because we could gofl anywhere but my dad insisted. So we went to the Long Creek Golf & Country Club. It was a 18-hole championship course, bent grass driving range, CPGA Pro shop and lessons. Modern 11,000 square foot clubhouse, lounge, licensed restaurant and corporate meeting rooms. Public play and tournaments welcome. Excellent banquet facilities.
It was great. We golfed the whole day it was so much fun. there was alot of green grass and it smelt great!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment